Advantages Of Using FLOWCHARTS: -
- Communication: - Flowcharts are better way of communicating the logic of a system to all concerned.
- Effective analysis: - With the help of flowchart, problem can be analysed in more effective way.
- Proper documentation: - Program flowcharts serve as a good program documentation, which is needed for various purposes.
- Efficient Coding: - The flowcharts act as a guide or blueprint during the systems analysis and program development phase.
- Proper Debugging: - The flowchart helps in debugging process.
- Efficient Program Maintenance: - The maintenance of operating program becomes easy with the help of flowchart. It helps the programmer to put efforts more efficiently on that part
Disadvantages Of Using FLOWCHARTS: -
- Complex logic: - Sometimes, the program logic is quite complicated. In that case, flowchart becomes complex and clumsy.
- Alterations and Modifications: - If alterations are required the flowchart may require re-drawing completely.
- Reproduction: - As the flowchart symbols cannot be typed, reproduction of flowchart becomes a problem.
- The essentials of what is done can easily be lost in the technical details of how it is done.